With MTN Who Called and Notify Me, MTN keeps you up to speed with calls you missed while your phone was switched off or unreachable while also sending you an SMS message when a number you could not reach becomes available.
The SMS message with information about calls you missed or numbers you could not reach will be sent to your mobile phone as soon as your mobile number becomes available or as soon as the number you attempted to call becomes available.
What are the benefits?
You can keep track of your missed calls.
You are always informed when a number you could not reach becomes available on the network.
It works even while you’re abroad.
Please note that:
- You will not receive missed call alerts from callers who have withheld their caller identity.
- You are not required to activate Voice Mail to use MTN Who Called and Notify Me services.
What is MTN Who Called?
This is a FREE missed call alert service that provides you with details of calls you missed while your number was switched off or out of network coverage. You will receive free SMS message containing the caller’s phone number, the number of missed calls from that number and date and time of the last call.
Y’ello! You have 1 missed call from +2348031234567 received at: 03:05:2011 12:21:13.
What is MTN Notify Me?
With MTN Notify Me, you will get to know through SMS message when a phone number you could not reach becomes available on the network. You can then call the number being sure that it is now available.
Y’ello! +2348031234567 is now available. You may now dial the number.
How do I get the service?
There are two options available to you when subscribing for these services. These are:
- MTN Who Called.
- MTN Who Called with Notify Me.
You can activate the Who Called Service free of charge by simply sending the key word of your desired option by SMS to 100. For Example:
- To activate MTN Who Called, text SET 01 to 100.Once this is done, you will receive the message: Y’ello! 803xxxxxxx request to activate Who Called Service was successful. Thank you.
- To activate MTN Who Called with Notify Me, text SET 02 to 100. Once done you will receive the message: Y’ello! 803xxxxxxx request to activate Who Called with Notify Me service was successful. Thank you.
How do I check if I already have the service on my phone?
- To check your status, text the word STATUS to 100. You will receive the following message: Y’ello! 803xxxxxxx has an active Who Called service. Thank you.
How do I cancel the service?
- To cancel the service, text the word DELETE to 100. You will receive the following message: Y’ello! 803xxxxxxx request to deactivate Who Called service was successful. Thank you.
To activate Who Called
Send an SMS with SET 01 to 100
To activate Who Called and Notify Me
Send an SMS with SET 02 to 100
To check the status of your account
Send an SMS with STATUS to 100
To delete your call alert services
Send an SMS with DELETE to 100
How much does it cost to use MTN Who Called and Notify Me?
The service is FREE to all MTN customers.
Under what condition will I receive MTN Call alert?
If you have activated MTN Who Called service on your mobile number, you will receive an SMS message in the following conditions:
- When your phone is switched off or out of coverage area.
- When there are network issues leading to your number being unreachable.
- When a number you attempted to call becomes available on the MTN network.